Here you will find a calendar of events celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Diaspora in America. Events will be hosted by the various departments of the Eastern Diocese of the United States.
Tentative Schedule of Upcoming Events and Celebrations for the Centennial:
- Sunday - August 16: Verapokhoomn Asdvadzdzna SThe feast of the Assumption of Mary. Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of St. Vartan, NYC, and Armenian Churches all around the world, followed by the traditional "Blessing of the Grapes" service
- Wednesday - August 19: Thanksgiving Service for the well being of the Vehapar and Supreme Patriarch of All Armenians. The Cathedral of St. Vartana, 6:30 PM.
- Saturday - September 12: One World Festival: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm. St. Vartan Cathedral at 35th St. and Second Avenue. Food, Crafts, and Multi-Cultural Entertainment. Details to follow.
- Sunday - September 13: One World Festival: Noon - 6:00 pm. St. Vartan Cathedral at 35th St. and Second Avenue. Food, Crafts, and Multi-Cultural Entertainment. Details to follow.
- Sunday - September 13: The Service of the Blessing of the Field (Antasdan): 6:00 pm. St. Vartan Cathedral 630 Second Avenue.
- Sunday - September 27: The Feast of the Holy Cross of Varak. Solemn Divine Liturgy. Check with your local Parish.
- Saturday - October 17: "DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME." AN ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CONCELEBRATION OF THE DIVINE LITURGY (1 Cor 11:24). Saturday, October 17, 1998 at 10:00 AM. St. Mark's Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, 260 Elm Avenue, Teaneck, NJ. The Principal Celebrants will be: His Eminence Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Diocese of the Armenian Orthodox Church; His Eminence Archbishop Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church; His Eminence Archbishop Matthias, Archdiocese of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church; His Eminence Bishop Suriel, Archdiocese of the Coptic Orthodox Church; His Eminence Archbishop Nicolovos Zachariah, Archdiocese of the Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church. For further info. please contact V. Rev. Fr. John Meno (201) 928-1810.
- Sunday - October 25:The Feast of the Discovery of the Holy Cross. Solemn Divine Liturgy. Check with your local Parish.